Graduate 1st Line Support Technician
Home/office split, either Wellingborough, Northampton or London (Saville row)
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are offering a successful university graduate an opportunity to join our IT Support team, as a Graduate 1st Line Support Technician. Your graduate role will help you navigate the early years of your career into IT and provide opportunities to work with some of the UK’s high-profile restaurants, hotels and pubs.
Within your first year with us, you will be working within the service support team which will support your transition to professional employment, giving you endless amounts of knowledge and also provide you with skills to communicate and perform to a high level. Thereafter, there is the potential to move into other areas of the business to expand your skillset and knowledge. We are here to mold and support you into the IT world.
Food Alert offers an excellent platform for you to gain invaluable hands-on business experience and professionally grow. You will be working within a team of IT specialists who can support, nurture, and expand your experience within the IT field.
This role is based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire working for our Assure65 brand with a focus on our customers’ needs and data security.
As a graduate 1st line Support Technician, you will help to operate and maintain computer systems and networks, ensuring clients have the most effective IT experience. In addition, the successful candidate will provide support in the following:
- Reporting ticket status to the team for effective resource planning
- Provide user support to ensure delivery of the SLA agreements
- To prepare training shorts and user guides
- To deliver users training to internal and external users
- To complete routine checks, for example email bounces, database checks and back up has been completed.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and document user stories
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and communicating to the development team
- Setting up hardware to client specification and documenting set up steps
- Documenting antivirus status of team devices, checking status via management console and enforcing system scans
- Maintaining lists of customer requirements for consideration in the ongoing development of Zoom application and attend weekly meetings to support this process
- Interest in IT/experience in IT sector
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Proven ability to work and deliver effectively within defined measures of success.
- An analytical and pragmatic problem-solving focus.
- Self-motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Knowledge in operating systems, drive configurations and SQL are desirable.
- Being able to successfully collaborate with the team to ensure successful deployment of new releases and ensure that customer requirements are met and exceeded
- Working as part of a team and independently
- Someone who can roll their sleeves up and ‘dig in’ with the rest of the team!
What will you get in return?
- Lots of support / exposure / on the job training & development
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 3 ‘gift days’ between Christmas and New Year
- Additional holiday enhancements (e.g. a week off if you get married, time off on the birth of a grandchild etc)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme including face to face counselling sessions
- Healthcare cash plan incl discounted gym membership
- Life insurance
- Referral bonuses and vouchers
- A fun, sociable team… and working in the hospitality industry we know how to throw a good party!
Based in central London & Wellingborough operating throughout the UK and internationally, Food Alert is a leading food safety and health & safety consultancy. Our clients span many sectors including retail, leisure and education, but hospitality is where our expertise and passion lies. We work with some of the UK’s most innovative, exciting and high-profile restaurants, hotels and pub groups such as Brewdog, The Ivy Collection, Dishoom, Citizen M, and Harbour Hotels.
We are also part of The Citation Group whose portfolio of companies proudly deliver compliance support services to more than 45,000 clients. Our mission is to be the company that colleagues and clients want to work for and with.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to HR@FoodAlert.com. At present we have an open-ended advertisement, but we will be contacting suitable candidates for interview as and when applications are received. We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Discover just how our services can help your business
Do you want to find out what we have to offer and how our services can help transform your business? Just click the button to contact us and our team will guide you through exactly what we can offer.