This course is designed for supervisors and managers in a food business who have responsibility for developing a food safety management and food hygiene training in their business.
A minimum of 40 hours instruction over 5 days – half day for the exam.
Managers who have a thorough knowledge of food hygiene practices and responsibilities for food hygiene training.
This course is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge of food safety and food hygiene so that it enables the candidate to develop and implement food safety management systems.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand how food businesses can comply with food safety legislation
- Understand operational requirements needed to ensure food safety
- Be able to establish and maintain food safety management procedures
- Understand the controls required for food safety
- Introduction to food safety management
- Compliance with food safety legislation and industry guidance
- Food Safety Hazards
- Operational requirements needed to ensure food safety
- Allocation of responsibilities
- Food safety management procedures
- Managing the operational requirements of a safe food business
- Controls required for food safety
- Cleaning and disinfection regimes
- Supplier quality and safety controls
- Pest controls
- Monitoring and maintenance of food safety management procedures
- Communication, resources of information and training
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Ability to identify areas for legal compliance
- Ability to design an improvement plan
- Understanding the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understanding the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understanding the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- An appreciation of the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role that temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- An appreciation of the importance of supervising high standards of cleaning
- An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Protect your staff, your customers and your business
- Compliance with legislation
- Improved staff development
- Better business continuity
- Course delivery that suits your business’ needs: flexible delivery – can be run at your premises or at our training centre in London
- Examples chosen to suit your needs and industry
The training course includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and practical teaching aids.
Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussions and group activities. Some activities will require independent or group research and the presentation of material.
Candidates are also encouraged to attend a revision day prior to taking the exam.
Assessment is a controlled assignment and examination. It consists of a 2 ½ hour written examination within 6 weeks of completing the course.
Successful candidates receive a certificate from The Royal Society for Public Health approximately 8 weeks after the exam. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.