This course is designed to give workers knowledge of the processes needed to maintain food safety in the workplace.
It outlines each stage of the HACCP food safety management system, raises awareness of food safety hazards and explains the necessary controls needed to prevent contamination of food.
Do You Comply With the European Food Safety Regulations?
The European Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs requires food businesses in the EU to implement a food safety management system based on the Codex HACCP principles. By providing effective training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Managers, supervisors and other members of staff should be able to recognise the hazards posed by their work, be able to take action to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand how to follow procedures.
This HACCP training provides suitable information for all levels of employees who work in the food industry.
This may include: equipment maintenance engineers, off-site business owners/managers, staff performing control or monitoring activities and supply and delivery personnel.
Supervisors, managers and anyone responsible for managing food safety in the workplace are recommended to take our Level 3 HACCP training course.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the purpose of a HACCP system
- Have knowledge of the development and application of HACCP based food safety management systems
- Be able to identify the features and terminology of HACCP
- Learn how a HACCP system is applied in the workplace
- Introduction to HACCP: key terms, history, the law
- Types and sources of contamination: microbial, physical, chemical and allergenic, their sources, how to control food borne illness
- Developing HACCP-based systems: the 7 HACCP principles, commercial benefits of HACCP
- Need for a Hazard Analysis System
- Principles and terminology
- Control Measures: determining critical control points, establishing, setting and achieving critical limits
- Practical situations
- Monitoring, reviewing and maintaining: monitoring critical control points, corrective action procedures, HACCP review and maintenance
- Superior food hygiene
- Reduction in business risk
- Compliance with legal requirements: from January 2006 EU legislation requires all food businesses to have a food safety management system in place based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles
- An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Assists managers with compliance
- Improved staff development
- Better business continuity
- Short duration so as not to disrupt your busy schedule
- Flexible delivery to fit in with your needs, can be run at your premises or at our training centre in London
- Examples chosen to suit your needs and industry
The 1 day programme includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and practical teaching aids.
Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussions and group activities.
Delegates are required to complete a 45 minute multiple choice exam at the end of the day.
Successful candidates receive a certificate from Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Progression Route: Level 3 Award in HACCP