To provide candidates with knowledge and understanding relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production.
This qualification is supported by Allergy UK, who regard it as suitable staff training for catering outlets that wish to apply for their Allergy Aware Scheme. The topics covered are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
- The manager’s role in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- Communication of ingredient information from supplier to consumer
- Understanding the importance of implementing controls to prevent cross contamination
- Methods used in managing ingredient controls procedures
This course includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and practical teaching aids. Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussion sessions and group activities.
The course concludes with a multiple choice exam.
Who should attend?
This qualification is aimed at individuals responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry and is also suitable for those who own/manage a small catering business.
- Compliance with legislation
- Increased awareness and confidence in this subject