To provide delegates with a knowledge of the hazards from manual handling and how to undertake carrying and lifting safely.
- Anatomy of the back
- Most common sustained injuries
- Good lifting techniques
- Practical session
- What can be lifted safely and storing heavy items
The course includes lectures enhanced by audio and visual material and practical teaching aids. Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussion sessions and group activities.
The manual handling session will require practical participation and delegates are advised to dress accordingly.
The course delegates are assessed during the practical sessions for an understanding of Manual Handling knowledge and the ability to lift safely. Successful candidates receive a certificate from Food Alert.
Who Should Attend?
All staff who undertake manual handling and have not received formal training.
- Reduces the risk of manual handling injuries
- Reduces the risk of civil claims and legal action
- Creating a healthier and safer working environment