Skip to main content

You are here

News & Blogs

Hot Oil Article

It was recently reported that a well-known burger franchise in Ipswich had to pay nearly £40,000 after an employee was scalded with hot oil, even after receiving a thirty three percent discount for pleading guilty. 

Senior Consultant Image

Within this special feature, part of our ‘Spotlight’ series, we had a chat with one of Food Alert’s Senior Consultants, Mary Donovan, to gain an insight into her prominent and diverse role.

Workplace Safety

This year, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has identified the prevention of lung impairment and musculoskeletal injuries as major priorities.


Food Alert is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with The Azzurri Group, a market leader in the UK Italian casual dining sector.

Pest Control

A leading hotel in Birmingham was recently fined £120,000 at the city’s Magistrates Court after Environmental Health Officers discovered poor hygiene standards and an infestation of mice in the hotel’s kitchen.

Fullers Pubs

Food Alert is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with Fuller’s and looks forward to providing a comprehensive range of hygiene and safety support services to this historic London brewer and its pubs nationwide.

Fire Thumbnail

The recent fire at Cameron House Hotel has highlighted the importance of fire safety within the hospitality sector. Read our blog for tips on how to reduce fire risk within your business.

Chopping Board Article

The misuse of wooden boards in food presentation has been highlighted in a recent £50,000 restaurant food poisoning prosecution.  


Food allergies are a growing health concern. Food businesses are open to the significant risk that arises from allergens and their potentially lethal effects. Find out what measures you can take to help reduce this risk.


Following on from our recent Norovirus: prevention and control blog.  We wanted to highlight the risk associated to shellfish and particularly oysters.

If you were not already aware, norovirus can also be contracted by eating contaminated food – in particular, shellfish.


Get in touch