This course will provide you with all the information needed to be able to recognise emergency situations, treat conditions and reactions and ensure that you can take appropriate action at the time of an incident.
This course is designed for those already working or preparing to work in industry or workplaces with significant health & safety risks and that have been identified within the company’s risk assessment of First Aid.
It is suitable for people and businesses who wish to learn new first aid skills or refresh their existing first aid skills.
This course is for those who wish to become a qualified first-aider.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Know how to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bones, muscles and joints, suspected head and spinal injuries, suspected chest injuries, burns and scalds, an eye injury, sudden poisoning, anaphylaxis, suspected major illness
- The Role of the First Aider, health & safety regulations, first aid box
- Danger, airway, response and breathing
- Dealing with the unconscious, resuscitation (CPR): how to administer CPR, defribilators, what to consider
- The recovery position
- Choking, wounds and bleeding, shock
- Burns, eye injuries, fractures, dislocations, spinal injuries, amputation
- Asthma, allergic reactions, nose bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, heart attacks, strokes
- Hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning, drowning
- Record keeping
- Filled with practical activities and the support of an expert tutor
- Compliance with legislation
- Improved staff development
- Can be tailored to business and candidate needs
- Short duration so as not to disrupt your busy schedule
- Flexible delivery to fit in with your needs, can be run at your premises or at our training centre in London
3 days of sessions. The course includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and practical teaching aids.
Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussions and group activities
Instructors will use continuous assessment throughout the course to evaluate candidates.
Candidates are also required to complete a short multiple choice exam paper.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate from the Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Progression Route: Requalification mandatory every three years