This course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a in-depth understanding of the different aspects of health & safety in the workplace.
The course goes into detail about every area of health & safety that businesses may encounter, including risk assessments, preventive and corrective measures and legislation. It raises awareness of the responsibilities all managers and supervisors are expected to maintain.
A minimum of 18 hours instruction over 3 days.
All supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for providing high health & safety standards in the workplace, including training employees, maintaining standards and enforcing a positive safety culture at work. It is suitable for everyone working within a supervisory role.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand helath & safety legislation
- Have the ability to report and investigate accidents
- Understand ill health in the workplace
- Learn more about legal provisions
- Understand the roles of managers, supervisors and PPE
- Know how to deal with welfare, conflict, motivation, staff hiring, first aid and emergency procedures
- Posess in-depth knowledge on fire safety and explosion, electricity risks, working at height, work equipment, risks of hazardous substances
- Understand manual handling
- Be able to supervise health & safety, possessing knowledge and practical expertise to implement, maintain and monitor good standards of health and safety
- Introduction to health & safety: costs of poor standards, occupational, environmental and human factors and its roles in inspections, investigations and audits, risk assessments
- Legislation: primary and secondary legislation, employer and employee duties, spproved codes of practice, enforcement actions and penalties
- Accidents in the workplace: reporting and investigating, common accidents, the accident triangle, RIDDOR, legal requirements, investigations and reporting, preventive measures
- Ill health in the workplace: causes, work exposures by activities, harmful agents to the body, COSHH, legal requirements, reporting incidents, control measures, manual handling, stress, ergonomics, noise and vibration, hazardous substances
- The Workplace and Work Equipment: slips and trips, reducing the risks, lighting, existing equipment, new equipment and mobile work equipment
- Fire and Explosion: employer duties, the responsible person, the fire triangle, fire risk assessment
- Electricity and working at height
- Violence, alcohol and drugs
- Noise and vibration
- Manual handling
- A Positive Workplace Culture: benefits and foundations of a positive culture, safety representatives, paid time off, inspection of the workplace, safety committees and team briefings
- Role of Managers, Supervisors: managers, supervisors, personal protective equipment, the law, hazards, training, PPE maintenance and CE marking
- Strengthens in-house health and safety expertise
- Reduces business risk
- Raises health and safety standards
- Supervisors are in a position to influence, monitor and train employees
- Managers are kept informed and encouraged to provide adequate health & safety standards
- Reduced accident rates, absence and sick leave
- An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Improved staff development
- Better business continuity
- Can be tailored to business and individual needs
- Flexible delivery to fit in with your needs, can be run at your premises or at our training centre
- Examples chosen to suit your needs and industry
- Support before, during and after you attend the course
The training includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and practical teaching aids.
Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussions and group activities. Some activities will require independent or group research and the presentation of material.
Course delegates are required to sit a 2 hour multiple choice examination immediately after completing the training.
Upon successful complation on the course you will be sent a Level 3 Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The next qualification after this Level 3 in Supervising Health and Safety in the Workplace Course is the Level 4 Award in Managing Health & Safety in the Workplace Course.